These web pages are a personal selection of items from Mauritius' postal history,
I welcome additional information or examples to include, please contact me
For other areas of Mauritius' postal history please see the "links & biography" page.
- May-June 2015 Post Offices and postmarks not available (Major re-work of pages), sorry,
- October 2012 More "Roland Garros" covers, bringing the total to 80 examples.
- August 2011 More "Roland Garros" covers, bringing the total to 66 examples, new post offices at Albion and La Flora.
- April 2010 More "Roland Garros" covers.
- January 2010 Four more "Roland Garros" covers, we now exceed the 40 quoted by Muller! Plus new pages showing "Raid Samat" covers to/from Mauritius/Réunion in 1933
- December 2009 New web site for Indian Ocean Study Circle, and another Roland Garros cover.
- November 2009 Photographs of four unnamed post offices, awaiting identification.
- October 2009 Four more "Roland Garros" covers, link to a new web site On some aspects of Mauritian Philately
- August 2009 Perfin page extended to include Franking Meter cancellations, three more "Roland Garros" covers,
and photographs of three more post offices, Grand Bay,Mapou & Riviere du Poste.
- May 2009 Contact details for Indian Ocean Study Circle and Mauritius Philatelic Society see links & biography page above.
- April 2009 Each "Post Office" is now allocated its own separate page, including former post offices.
The "summary" inital page now only gives a single most recent postmark together with a photograph if available.
This will allow further postmarks, delivery marks, registration labels etc to be added at a later date.
- March 2009 Details of forged postmarks and offical paid marks, plus a photograph of Rivière du Rempart postoffice.
More information, and many more examples of the "Roland Garros" 1937 covers.
And a new page on the 1901 Royal Visit.
- Feb 2009 Perfins page added, plus 8 more photographs of post offices, and 4 postmarks.
- Jan 2009 These pages started